Frequently Asked Questions
Flying Tortuga Seattle Studio
What's the address for the studio?
Set your GPS to 1417 NW 54Th St, Seattle WA, 98107
We are located in Suite 318
Where is the best place to park?
Depending on the time of day, you may find parking located in front of the StudioWorks location along NW 54TH ST. Please park only on the side closest to the building.
Additional parking may be found along 14TH AVE NW inbetween the one way roads.
Parking behind the gate at the StudioWorks location is reserved for StudioWorks parking permits only. Please don't park there if the gate is open.
What do I do once I arrive?
At the front of the building there is a keypad. Dial 318 and we will buzz you in. Alternatively, just give your photographer a call and they will come down to meet you in the lobby.
What is the typical photo shoot process like?
First, please take a look at our prices from the services pages you are interested in. Then, schedule an appointment with our online appointment scheduler, from here you can select the photographer you want to work with or pick "next available" if you have no preference. Then we meet at the agreed time and do the photo shoot. The photo shoot may contain outfit changes as needed. Immediately following the shoot, you will be able to preview the photos and select the ones you wish to be edited and sent off for printing. After about 48 to 72 hours you should receive your digital copies via email. You should receive your physical prints depending on your shipment method (10 days at the latest).
How long do photo shoots take?
Standard photoshoots can take between 30 minutes to 90 minutes depending on the type of package purchased, and if there are any outfit changes.
How many outfit changes can I do?
-We don't charge for outfit changes. Feel free to change as many times as you'd like! Just as long as it's done within a timely manner for your photo shoot.
How will I receive my digital photos?
- Following the completion of your photo shoot, your photos will be edited and uploaded to OneDrive. You will then be emailed a link to the folder containing your photos, as well as a copyright release.
How do I use the copyright release?
- The copyright release from Flying Tortuga gives you full reproduction rights for your photos. You may post the photo online, and create prints at your leisure without fear of legal repercussions.
Can I purchase more prints later?
- Absolutely. For photo management purposes, all photo shoots are uploaded to a private event page on SmugMug.com. This page can be accessed anytime by you for more prints. When your photos are digitally delivered, you are given a link to this private event page to purchase more prints if you wish. If you lose this link, feel free to contact us and we will send you a new one.
What is my deposit used for?
- A deposit is only necessary if you are intending to have physical prints at your event. The deposit covers the cost of the paper and ink for the event. The price of the deposit is included in the total cost of the event.
Are props available?
- We do offer a wide variety of props for use in our photo booths for no additional cost. Please contact us to find which props will work best for your event.
What color backdrops do you have?
- We recommend the use of our Black backdrop. It works best for most events and guests outfits. However, we do offer Grey and White options as well.
How much room does a photo booth need?
- We estimate that photo booths take up about 15ft x 15ft of space, not including a table for props or prints.
How long will my photos be available for download?
- All photos (public/private) will be taken down from the online store for 90 days. If you wish to make a print purchase after your photos have been removed, please contact us.
Who gets to see my photos?
- At the end of every photo shoot, we will send a private link to a page on our store which is viewable only to those who have the link (if you send this link out, or post it on social media others will be able to see that page as well). If you wish your photos to be put in a publicly viewable folder, we typically suggest this for photo booths, we can do so at your request.